Tuesday, June 2, 2020

RESEARCH: INTRODUCTION TO TRAILERS

How do you find out about films? 

My main source for finding out about film trailers is YouTube. I do find out about films from other sources such as social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter and when i go to the cinema I find out about upcoming films from the trailers that are played before the film that I have gone to watch is.

What makes you want to see a film?

Reasons that I go and see a film is sometimes due to the actors that are staring in the film. If there is a film which has Bruce Willis, Micheal Caine or Morgan Freeman in it then I will look to watch it as I know that the film will be good.  I am not really drawn into a film due to who directed it however I like Martin Scorsese's work.  The main reason that I go and watch a film is because of the trailer. If I am gripped by the trailer and the story line then  I will want to go and see the film wether or not it has been directed by a director whose work I or stars actors who I like.

How do you know what to expect from a film?

The main reason I know what to expect from a film is due to the trailer. The trailer gives a good indication of what the film is going to be like and to how fast and how it is going to be structured. The trailer also provides an insight into how the film is going to look and sound.

What am I paying for when I buy a cinema ticket?

When I buy a cinema ticket I feel like I am paying for the best experience which I cannot have at home. The screen in a cinema is far larger than any that I could have at home and the sound provided through the Dolby surround sound is a level of clarity that is almost impossible to experience at home. In a cinema everything is arranged to show the film in its purest form. This is something I could not experience at home. This is what I pay for when I buy a cinema ticket.

Are there any films that I have to see in a Cinema or does it really matter ?

There are some films which I feel I have to watch in films so that I can experience the film how it was meant to be experienced. For example I feel that I have to watch Marvel films in a cinema. This is because the film was made to be watched on a large screen and with the modern audio quality of a cinema rather than that of a small screen with older sound technology. However, more recently I have not been going to the cinema and I have been using streaming platforms like Netflix. This is due to the rising cost of cinema tickets.

A trailer that made me want to go and see the film in the cinema was "A quiet place" the trailer to this film gripped me and I felt like I would get the best experience of the film if I was to go and watch it in a cinema.



1 comment: