Monday, March 8, 2021

CONSTRUCTION: EDITING

 When editing I decided to move on from iMovie to Adobe Premiere Pro as I felt that although last years production was good it was not as crisp as it could have been. I felt that Premiere Pro could give me that clean crisp finish I wanted our trailers to have. I started by dropping all of the clips that I wanted to include in our trailer after doing this I decided to play around with the colouring of the footage. I found colouring that i felt brought out and enhanced the colours in our footage also i sharpened the scenes to give our production a crisper/sharper look. 

With the use of Premiere pros capabilities i was able to find inter-titles that i could write on and add them into my production. This also was useful when I added in the end credits as there was already a template for this. I added the blood dripping font after editing that in photoshop to appear on the end titles. After a long search we found a suitable soundtrack that would work with our production, after messing around with the volumes of the sound I found a level that worked to help create the horror genre of our production.  


We also decided to add some dialogue to our trailer as we felt that it was not building up the sense of horror that we wanted it to have. On top of the dialogue sounds of dogs barking and owls hooting were also added to create a sinister environment. 




1 comment:

  1. You have presented screenings to a focus group and acted on the feedback by adding diegetic sound such as owls hooting and dogs barking to create a sinister atmosphere as well as adding dialogue to anchor the meaning of the visuals in the narrative. You show competence in your use of trailer conventions such as inter titles and credits. You draw attention to your considerations about colour tones. Very good work.

    ReplyDelete